Tuesday 10 March 2015

My love...


Bilde via seeovergrowth.com


"My love is honey tongue.
Dandelion wine in a pitcher.
Thirsty love.
My love licks it’s fingers
before it has even fed.
My love is peach juice
dripping down the neck.
Too much sugar love.
Cavity love. Toothache,
tummy ache love.
Soft hands holding the
jaw open love.
Summer love. Sticky sweet,
sticky sweat love.
My love can’t ride a bike.
My love walks everywhere.
Wanders through the river.
Feeds the fish, skips the stones.
Barefoot love.
My love stretches itself out on
the grass, kisses a nectarine.
My love is never waiting.
My love is a traveller,
a fruit-eater, a holder.
My love is alive. Warm.
It lives.
It breathes."


- Caitlyn Siehl
, Warm after "Love, Gravity, and Other Forces" by Anita Ofokansi

No comments:

Post a Comment